Firebug 1.10 beta 3 has been released.
Firebug 1.10b3 fixes 10 issues.
There are couple of changes we would like to highlight in this release.
Net Panel: requests coming from Back-forward cache
First, let’s see requests coming from standard browser cache.
- Every request coming from the browser cache is grayed out and the Status column says 304 Not Modified.
- The screenshot above displays 8 requests coming from the browser cache.
Let’s see how requests coming from the BFCache (specific for Firefox browser) are displayed.
- Every request coming from BFCache is grayed out with squared background.
- The status column says 200 OK (BFCache)
- The screenshot above displays 8 requests coming from the BFCache.
- Note that the Remote IP column is empty since there was no communication with server at all. These requests come directly from the BFCache without asking the server.
In order to see requests coming from BFCache you need to check Show BFCache Responses (false by default) option in Net panel’s option menu (the small black triangle next to the panel name).
Command Line: help
There is a fresh new command
help available on Firebug’s command line (Issue 5142).
If you want to learn about all Firebug command line API, just type help to print list of all available commands with description.
Every command name (green color) is a link that navigates you to Firebug wiki for more information about the specific command.
Please post feedback in the newsgroup, thanks.
Jan ‘Honza’ Odvarko