A few key points from the paper:
- Among the 90,000 functions in 10 libraries surveyed, less than 7% were named.
- The name-guessing schemes in Firebug and Web Inspector guess right …sometimes
- Anonymous functions are used in lots of complex ways!
- The Static Function Object Consumption algorithm names 99% of the the functions.
- The new algorithm generalizes the approach used by existing tools.
The paper shows examples from many popular libraries like jQuery, dojo, ExtJS, and so on.
For comments and suggestions, please post to the Firebug newsgroup.