getfirebug.com has new Firebug 1.6.1 beta 1 that fixes most of the reported issues with 1.6.0.
We have also started to upload beta releases on AMO in order to get more beta testers. Of course, the beta channel on getfirebug.com will continue to work.
Here are some highlights:
- Firebug keyboard shortcuts are active only if Firebug UI is focused to avoid possible collisions with shortcuts defined on the current page (issue 3721)
$$("p") to directly access individual elements (issue 3703)
- Firebug doesn’t convert XML documents to HTML unless the user insist (issue 3738)
- Watch panel properly displays local variables (issue 3704)
- The DOM panel displays also TEXT properties (issue 3752)
- Problem with the search box on Linux fixed (issue 3712)
See the list of fixed issues.
Followup in the newsgroup please.