Finally! getfirebug.com has Firebug 1.6b2!
All Firebug automated tests pass on Firefox 3.6.12pre, but there are still some known issues on Firefox 4.0. Firebug 1.6b2 fixes 38 issues and we would be happy to get a feedback for them. There is also API doc for Firebug developers generated from the source code.
Here is a list of some new features on 1.6:
- HTML panel supports Expand All, through a context menu or by pressing “*”.
- When copying XPath in the HTML panel, namespace (if any) is included.
- Scrollable Breadcrumbs
- Fixed problems with removing breakpoints.
- Improved auto-completion in the command line.
- console.table() method now respects DOM filtering.
- Firebug is logging also cut/copy/paste events.
- HTML panel improves its display of iframes.
- And more…
We have also decided to make the release cycle much shorter and so, you should expect next version in 1-2 weeks.
Please post feedback in the newsgroup.