getfirebug.com has Firebug 1.5X.0b4. It passes all of our tests on Firefox 3.5 and 3.6b4pre. Two case fail on FF 3.7; one is a changed error message, one looks like a change in Firefox. (We’re only aiming for 3.5 and 3.6 for now).
Next we aim to improve the quality by identifying important bugs from among those that have test cases and tagging them with with “blocks1.5“. If you have a favorite bug, we welcome your input on what gets fixed before we decide Firebug 1.5 is done.
We are also reaching out to Firebug extension authors to update for 1.5. We already have some progress, with updated versions of FirePHP, Rainbow, FireQuery, and FireLogger.
This release is dedicated to Steve Roussey for his contributions to the HTML panel editing and entity display. A lot of the closed issues below came from his work.
Changes since 1.5b3:
- New locale hr-HR/Croatia
- Update locales ro-RO, es-AR, is-IS, sl-SI, js-SP
- Issue 2464: Network panel showing total size of requests as 0 KB
- Issue 2471: appShellService.hiddenWindow causing problems embedded in an SWT Browser
- Issue 674: long variable contents are cut off in tooltips
- Issue 2467: timeline bars don’t show
- Issue 2374: Firebug not work in SeaMonkey 2.0rc1
- Issue 2448: Firebug HTML panel encoding display and editing
- Issue 2481: ‘Add watch’ on 2nd expression of a multi-conditional will use incorrect expression
- Issue 2454: Light up the tab whenever break on next is selected
- Issue 1466: Changing any User Agent CSS makes firefox go grazy and after a while crash
- Issue 2285: support for content-type: multipart/x-mixed-replace
- Issue 1440: Net tab is showing XHR logs with size of “?”
- Issue 2489: When inspecting in an iframe, you can’t see any parent frames
- Issue 2067: Open in a new Window fails with tab switching once Firebug is minimized
- Issue 838: HTML specialchars not shown correctly
- Issue 1138: nbsp elements rendered in the DOM as spaces
- Issue 1488: Uninformative message when command line fails while NoScript enabled
- Issue 1980: < > does not get encoded while editing element content
- Issue 2250: Firebug generates invalid (X)HTML for displaying empty elements in the HTML panel
- Issue 2359: Zero-width spaces (ZWSP) HTML characters are not displayed in the HTML tab
- Issue 2435: Show whitespace on text nodes that have sibling element nodes displays ? instead of text
- Issue 2438: Show Full Text option only works on text node that does not have a sibling element
- Issue 2439: Editing a text node with whitespace and the option Show White Space gives wrong result
- Issue 2453: When MathML nodes are edited the rendered MathML is not updated
- Issue 2470: HTML panel does not show namespaces
- Issue 1414: “Copy HTML” feature does not respect explicit end tags in XHTML
Please post followups to the newsgroup