Finally! getfirebug.com has Firebug 1.6b1!
The last feature added to 1.6 was a Console panel option, Show Completion List Popup.This is on by default, but users on Linux will need to turn it off. The Firefox panel we use for the popup does not work correctly on Linux yet. We fixed at 7 more bugs since 1.6a20.
Some of the major features of 1.6 that we would love to get bug reports on include:
- Option to use en-US locale
- First run page comes up on install or update.
- Support for Firefox 4.0
- getfirebug.com TestBot results page
- Command line available on all panels
- Net panel reports BFCache hits
- Command line completion rewrite
- implemented console.table
- Disabling break on next error and
- forward and back arrows in the toolbar
- MozAfterPaint events now show up on the net panel time line
- Scrolling Panels Tab Bar.
While this is a great list of new features, Firebug extensions will be taking over most of the job of improving Firebug from now on. Our first deployment of the Firebug Swarm should be out later this week. More on that shortly…